The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd. (the Walt Disney Japan), a global leader in the entertainment business, and JCB Co., Ltd. (JCB), a pioneer of Japan's credit card business and brand holder of Japan's only international credit card brand, have teamed up to develop and issue Japan's first Disney-branded credit card, the Disney-JCB Card. Applications for the card will be accepted starting Tuesday, November 18.
The Disney-JCB Card offers a generous package of attractive, exclusive cardmember benefits to help make cardmembers dreams come true through membership in the Disney Card Club. Membership entitles cardmembers to a number of special offers at Tokyo Disney Resort(R) courtesy of Urayasu, Chiba-based Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Disney fans and many other customers are sure to love the Disney-JCB Card for the great services and special offers it provides. These include six card designs and Disney Points for the whole family redeemable for Disney merchandise and One Day Passports at Tokyo Disneyland(R) and Tokyo DisneySea(R). Cardmembers will also be able to share their points with the whole family, including their children through the Disney Kids Point Card. As a special benefit, cardmembers will have the chance to attend a private character experience at Tokyo Disney Resort(R). Disney Points is the first-ever loyalty-point program available for use at Tokyo Disney Resort(R).
The Disney-JCB Card helps make cardmember dreams come true. The Walt Disney Japan and JCB will continue to work together to increase customer satisfaction by developing new services and benefits that attract many more customers.
Disney-JCB Card Services
1. Six card designs to choose from
– Six card designs (four standard and two gold cards) featuring irresistible Disney characters.
– Different designs to suit different tastes, preferences, and lifestyles.
– The main cardmember and family cardmembers may select from different card designs. All family cards are issued in the same design.
2. Disney Card Club
The Disney Card Club is an exclusive membership program for Disney-JCB cardmembers that offers:
1) Reward point program the whole family will love
1. Disney Points
– Earn Disney Points with card purchases. (1 point for every 200 yen spent using a standard card and 1 point for every 100 yen spent using a gold card)
– Points can be shared by family members.
2. Disney Kids Point Card
– Cardmembers can request Disney Kids Point Cards for their children aged 6-12, so they can enjoy shopping with Disney points.
3. Redeem points for the Disney merchandise and experiences you love
Once you have earned 500 points, you can exchange 1 point for 1 yen when using your card for shopping at Disney facilities, or for Disney merchandise, services, and other special offers.
– Starting February 2009, points can be redeemed directly from the card at Disney Stores nationwide.
– Beginning in summer 2009, points will also be redeemable directly from the card at selected shops and restaurants at Tokyo Disneyland(R) and Tokyo DisneySea(R).
– One Day Passports for use at Tokyo Disneyland(R) or Tokyo DisneySea(R).
– A special birthday phone call from a favorite Disney character.
– Gift vouchers that can be exchanged for Disney merchandise at the online Disney Gift Center powered by Amazon.co.jp(R) ( http://shopping.disney.co.jp/mpc/o)
2) Exclusive offers for Disney-JCB cardmembers at Tokyo Disney Resort(R)
– Cardmembers can enter lotteries for a chance – to win the opportunity for a private "Meet and greet" with Disney characters – an opportunity to hang out with favorite Disney friends.
– Disney-JCB Card cardmember-exclusive special events.
3) Free gifts (Disney-original merchandise)
– Standard cardmembers receive a free gift the year after they first use the card.
– Gold cardmembers receive a free gift every year.
4) Exclusive Disney Card Club members website ( http://DisneyCardClub.jp/)
– Access to the latest Disney information and Disney digital content.
– Up-to-date information on Disney-JCB Card special offers, free gifts, and sales promotions.
About the Disney-JCB Card*
1) Name: Disney-JCB Card
2) Eligibility: Persons aged 18 or over, who (or whose spouse) have a regular income, and students in tertiary education aged 18 or over.
3) Annual fees (incl. tax):
– Standard Card
Main cardmember: Free for the first year and 2,100 yen per year thereafter.
Family cardmembers: Free for the first year and 420 yen per year thereafter.
– Gold Card
Main cardmember: 13,650 yen
Family cardmembers: Free for one family cardmember; for two or more
family cardmembers, 1,050 yen per person.
4) Disney Kids Point Card
A one-time processing fee of 1,050 yen (incl. tax). Not a credit card. Available for children aged 6 – 12.
5) Applications: Forms available at Disney Resorts(R) and Disney Store outlets. Forms can also be requested from the Disney Card Club members website and from JCB.
* A star appears between 'Disney' and 'JCB' in the official name of the new card.
Disney-JCB Card Launch Campaigns
The Walt Disney Japan and JCB are staging a various debut campaign in which non-cardmembers can join, or cardmembers can win a discount voucher for Disney Stores and One Day Passports at Tokyo Disneyland(R) and Tokyo DisneySea(R). Visit the Disney Card Club website for details.